Reply to Stewart,

BCS wrote:

Only until you have to type it. I think universal alpha includes only
the union of things that can be easily typed on standard keyboards.

<snip>

What inspired you to form that opinion?

My impression was that it's some standard list of Unicode characters
that are letters (or logogram or ideogram or whatever) in some
language somewhere in the world.

That's more or less the same thing (although I'll admit, my original comment is not well stated). I'm not just talking about standard QWERTY keyboard but also standard keyboards for other languages and alphabets. I rather suspect that for every char in universal alpha, there is a standard keyboard somewhere that has it.