On Thursday, 13 August 2020 at 09:54:06 UTC, Mr. Backup wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 13:46:06 UTC, James Blachly wrote:

Unfortunately the problem still occurs with Vibe.d 0.9.0

IMO **this is the single most important problem to fix** for vibe.d -- if the most basic of examples (indeed, supplied by dub itself) fails so spectacularly, the casual new user will not spend the time to find out why this is happening, but instead move on. The ctrl-C non-termination bug has existed since at least 2015 from what I can tell from the forums.

As a casual new novice, I really like dlang as such, and I think it should be the most widespread and popular language in the world. And as soon as I came across it, I wanted to use it in my project. But it has many packages for the same things, but these packages are unfinished. Everyone creates their own. You start comparing them and don't know what to choose for your job and then you find out that you should have chosen another and then find out that you should have written it yourself. And then I finally done it in golang in a while. I think the dlang community should focus on creating a quality standard library.

We live in the 21st century where there are web technologies everywhere around us, so I think that the http package should be part of a standard library.

It takes time. I was comparing packages available in D compared to say nodejs which I've been using for a while.

Very few important ones are missing. The others too lack some documentation. Other than that, you get pretty much what you need. Except cloud sdks.

also using vibe.d has some missing pieces on how to do certain things... that I agree we Users need to do writing about them.

You're also right that people keep rolling their own implementations. Most people here are really good and can roll their own so its quite tempting...plus reading someone's code and implementation can be a lil...sometimes. except rolling your own means it'll be half baked and undocumented.

Also I suspect lot of community members primary don't do web stuff primarily.

If you ask me, I'll say vibe.d is the most solid and feature complete web framework at the moment...code, docs, libraries. It's not perfect but its never been a blocker. That's if you know your way around it. Sonke is a pretty cool guy.

Will be nice if he had a GitHub sponsor or something for vibe.d

Hunt framework is also your laravel D alternative.