On Thursday, 17 November 2022 at 09:52:11 UTC, Dukc wrote:

D has far less need for getters/setters than Java or C++. The reason is [Uniform Function Call Syntax](https://ddili.org/ders/d.en/ufcs.html). This means that a member of a `struct` or `class` can start out as a normal field and be later converted to getter/setter if needed, without breaking calling code.

This is a great point that I actually had never considered. If you need to swap out the implementation details later, you haven't actually locked yourself in to exposing the raw member because you swap it with a getter function/property of the same name. Huh. I love D.