On Saturday, 19 November 2022 at 03:24:41 UTC, thebluepandabear wrote:

I think because of uniform function call syntax, getters/setters are not needed even for production level code, in D of course. In Java, you do need them so your point holds true in that scenario, but in D I don't really see the point after giving it some thought, I would say they are code bloat.

I like to see an example, of a 'class type' with 'public' member variables, somehow magically converted into both getter and setter using UFCS, without breaking client code.