On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 12:30:35 UTC, Renato wrote:

The other compilers were also easily installable on Kubuntu using snap.

It seems that the Ubuntu "snap"s are not being updated for a few years??

It seems some of my problems are related to the very old versions I got with snap :(

dub  - 1.19.0 (seems to be from Oct 2020)
ldc2 - 1.24.0 (seems to be from Oct 2020)
dmd  - v2.090.1 (Feb 2020)

I feel stupid for choosing snap (I don't use snaps, just felt like a convenient thing to try this time!).

I will try using latest of everything on Linux (on Mac I think I was already fine on latest) and hope it works better.
  • D is a great lan... Renato via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: D is a ... Hipreme via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: D is a ... Renato via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: D is a ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: D i... Renato via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... Renato via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • ... Sergey via Digitalmars-d-learn