On Thursday, 14 December 2023 at 12:59:04 UTC, Hipreme wrote:

Yeah, D has a really bad experience in MacOS. If you want to use it on mac, I suggest using LDC. And the package managers doesn't do D justice. You want to get the zip and setup the environment variables yourself, this is the best way to make it work.

The "D recommended way" to install is by using the install.sh script, found at https://dlang.org/install.html

Thanks for letting me know! It's good to have other's perspectives. Hope your game engine is coming along nicely :)

Looks like I got it working with the overly complicated Ubuntu instructions (I used snap instead before because it was just "snap install dmd" rather than 5 large shell commands!)... if that still gives me trouble I will stick with the sh file you've linked (there were so many options for installing the compilers and I had to pick the worst one I suppose).
  • D is a great lan... Renato via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: D is a ... Hipreme via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: D i... Renato via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: D is a ... Renato via Digitalmars-d-learn
    • Re: D is a ... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
      • Re: D i... Renato via Digitalmars-d-learn
        • Re:... Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn
          • ... Renato via Digitalmars-d-learn
            • ... Sergey via Digitalmars-d-learn