I have now completely and totally replaced the inner contents of my server library with modified Splat code. It ran so much faster that I was actually afraid I had got it wrong. It seemed not be any wrong with it, so adding Splat actually made it super kidding me fast. I have now learned a few valuable lessons:

* add -g and -debug=splat (or any other keywords) to the build command
* gdb bin/SimpleServer
* continue (on breakpoints)
* run (to run the program)
* bt (for backtrace)

But of course, you all knew this before. But for a new D developer that has never done anything in C or C++ this was difficult as horses arse to understand.

Is it wrong to badge myself with asynchronous sockets? :)

https://github.com/jarlah/d2-simple-socket-server