On Wednesday, 1 August 2012 at 07:24:09 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
On Tuesday, 31 July 2012 at 20:41:55 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:

Great to see things moving. Could you please do a separate pull for bitfields it should get merged easier and it seems like a small but important bugfix.

https://github.com/rtcvb32/phobos/commit/620ba57cc0a860245a2bf03f7b7f5d6a1bb58312

I've updated the next update in my bitfields branch. All unittests pass for me.

I had an (implementation) question for you:
Does the implementation actually require knowing what the size of the padding is?

eg:
struct A
{
    int a;
    mixin(bitfields!(
        uint,  "x",    2,
        int,   "y",    3,
        ulong,  "",    3 // <- This line right there
    ));
}

It that highlighted line really mandatory?
I'm fine with having it optional, in case I'd want to have, say, a 59 bit padding, but can't the implementation figure it out on it's own?