Long time not heard from each other. ;)

On Monday, 16 September 2013 at 19:28:22 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 9/16/13 11:56 AM, Namespace wrote:
I hate this NotNull struct hack. It is the same crap as the current
scope solution.

Scoped variables in the language were a lot worse.
Why? The escaping problem could be solved, not?
Wouldn't it be better, if scope would stay and would be rewritten internal to the library solution? The compiler could then detect and solve many of the current problems.

BTW: I'm curious which built-in feature will be removed
next, maybe AA?

If we're diligent and lucky, hopefully.
That was a joke of me. So I hope that is also a joke. Otherwise it would be a huge step in the C++ direction.
If it wasn't a joke: what are the rationale for that?

An annotation like Foo! f would be much nicer than NotNull!Foo or
@NotNull Foo, but it would be an agreement.

Is annotation the only or main problem?
My problem are the nullable classes. But I would be happy with an annotation.

And I agree absolute, to disable default CTor's by struct's was a huge
mistake. But D is full of those. ;)

They are not disabled. It seems many people are having trouble with getting default constructors to evaluate code, so I assume you mean that. One possibility (or first step) would be to relax the language to allow CTFE-executable code in default constructors.

Andrei
Example?