Stefan Larsson:

1. It makes it easier for myself to write code in a consistent style and I would automatically write in a similar style as everybody else. It removes one degree of freedom from my mind.

2. It simplifies education of teams where it is desired that all members write code in the same style/layout. In my opinion it should not be possible to see which individual wrote the code.

Having a shared coding style in a newly designed language is quite important.
This is an introduction to the standard D style:
http://dlang.org/dstyle.html

Regarding tools for that, there are not many at the moment, like:
http://analyzed.no-ip.org/
But probably this tool should be improved in its perceptions of what good D is.

Bye,
bearophile