On 2013-10-01 19:32:05 +0000, qznc said:

On Sunday, 29 September 2013 at 07:49:21 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
I confess that I don't understand why so many people are fixated on having a
standard style, particularly when it's very, very clear that most everyone
disagrees on what counts as good style. What little we have in terms of official
style guidlelines for D can be found here: http//:dlang.org/dstyle.html

I think nowadays programmers expect their language to come with more opinion and best practices. In contrast, the C++ world is too fragmented for consistent advice.

I believe, the best solution would be to include an auto-formatter (like go fmt), so people can simply reformat the code before and after editing.

You could also store the code not as text but as a datastructure like a parse tree. Then the editing environment is free to handle this information the way it wants...