On Thursday, 17 July 2014 at 09:32:24 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Dean:

Mine is an Athlon 1045.456 MHz.
                           ^^^^
Didn't notice that before hitting send.

compilation runs that I get is 2.3 seconds.
Then I think your timings could be OK, I am using an old 2.3 GHz CPU.

Glad to know that I am not doing something stupid, yet.

dmd compiles very quickly, but to compile writeln D has to digest a good amount of Phobos code.

Are the reasons for this similar to why C++ STL is not an object
code library ?

I am still at a loss about tango for D2 problem.
I think I've never used Tango with dmd.

Not even sure if its a tango problem. Dmd doesn't seem to be
picking up the path that I specify with -I. Perhaps the mechanics
of module loading is not as simple as I imagine. I initially
thought its a permission problem, but that is not the case.