On Tuesday, 9 December 2014 at 13:34:56 UTC, Jack wrote:
Can't really think of anything that can solve your problem. Only time I had a seg fault is calling a method from an uninitialized class. You can try to get a debugger and/or a gui that comes with it(personally I use gdb with ddd) to find something out. Sorry but this is all the suggestions I can give to you, I'm not really an expert in Derelict or Libraries or something.

I don't fancy introduing another layer of complexity in a debugger at present! I wonder if it's the .bmp that's causing the problem. I can't quite figure how to get Derelict SDL_Image into my project at present (dub doesn't fetch it if I add import derelict.sdl.image; ) otherwise I'd try a png or something. Can't really see it being that anyway but worth a try I suppose.

Thanks for trying anway. :D