Need to have some way of manipulating email in D though.

I agree. This would especially be cool, if you can do it from a small device like a microcontroller!

Yes - nice to know it can do that also. For me I need to have a way of managing large amounts of email (I have about 2mm messages) including for natural language processing etc. Dovecot/sieve + pipe facility is ok, but not perfect for everything. I guess it should work fine for regular ARM etc - perhaps not an Arduino!

Could the extra bells and whistles be optional, eg. basic functionality in a base class (eh), and then a subclass provide some more dazzling implementation ?

Yes - don't think I will have time to do the async aspect in near future, in any case.

The other aspect is mime. Have ported headers for GMime but still nee to write the high level wrappers.

Hmm. Personally I hate MIME, but I guess they're necessary. :P

Yes x2.

Your work sounds very promising, I look forward to hearing more about your progress.

Understand. Have a few other things on the boil, and also constrained in how much time I can spend for various reasons. So don't plan or expect on it being finished soon, although I hope it might be.

-And please know that my opinions are just opinions; I may be right (if I'm lucky), but I don't want to restrict you in any way. Other developers in here probably have some very good input on this as well.

Understand, and thanks for the engagement.

Laeeth.