On 25.12.2015 19:32, Bubbasaur wrote:
On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 15:06:27 UTC, anonymous wrote:
In fact it works without the "-L". Which makes me wonder if I was using
it wrongly?

I'm convinced that putting a space between "-L" and its argument is nonsense. The "-L" part just means "pass the empty string to the linker", which doesn't do anything. And the argument is interpreted by dmd then, not by the linker.

What exactly are trying to pass to the linker?

A lib: GtkD.

That means a .lib file, right?

dmd knows how to handle .lib files [1], so it's no surprise that things work when you pass the .lib file to dmd.

The GtkD docs say to use -L though [2], so I suppose that should work too. Maybe show your exact complete command line, if you want to find out why it doesn't work for you.

[1] http://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html#switches
[2] https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/wiki/Installing-on-Windows#testing-installation