(I should mention that I am exaggerating a bit, and some of the complaints about D are actually more directed to the programming community in general. D has the same fundamental issues though and it is just a matter of scale. Programming is way more fun when you are actually programming and getting the job done rather than fighting things that should work but don't. As programmers, we get used to that crap.. specially those that programmed in the 70's and 80's... but it doesn't mean it's ok. Specially when we know how to fix it. I really like the D language but the D tool chain should be more user friendly to work with on every level.)