On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 13:32:00 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 13:13:07 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
I've decided to write a web application using vibe and was shocked to see that dlang.org was using apache.

Should I be scared that even after this long, the official D website doesn't rely on its own web tools?

No, you shouldn't. Like everything else, it's a matter of priorities and resources. Currently, code.dlang.org and tour.dlang.org both run on vibe.d, both of which were put together by community members. The forums here is Vladimir's DFeed, which he developed with his own web tools. There may yet come a time when someone converts dlang.org to a vibe.d web app, but it almost certainly isn't going to be any of the core team members. They have enough on their plate already.

Btw for development dlang.org uses vibed since 2.5 years ;-)

```
make -f posix.mak apidocs-serve
```

It will run ddox on every request.

Hell, if it's ever been brought up in the forums before now, I don't remember seeing it. While it would be great in terms of dog fooding to see such a project, I personally don't see that it's a big deal if dlang.org runs on Apache. Maybe if you've got some extra time... :)

I agree - this is bikeshedding. We all rely on existing software for our day to day life. I quickly checked the first hit server for other languages - have a look:

rust.org: nginx
php.net: nginx
julia.org: Apache
scala-lang.org: Apache
julia-lang.org: Github
python.org: nginx
www.cplusplus.com: Apache
perl.org: Apache
developer.mozilla.org: Apache
ruby-lang.org: nginx
swift.org: Apache

... and the last time I checked all of them use the C implementation of git for their source code ;-)

Mike's call for help was about actively _improving_ dlang.org by pointing out

- what is (or could be) confusing for newcomers
- bad written texts
- missing examples
- not user-friendly parts of the documentation
- missing info
- ...

Basically everything that could stop someone from having awesome first five minutes with D!