On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 14:43:35 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
Really? I just don't see it as that big of a deal. Again, three subdomains are using D right now. So it's not like it's not being used at all. Moving the website to D just hasn't been a priority (nor should it be, IMO). Anyone in the community who *does* feel it's important is certainly free to put together a prototype and pitch it to the core team. I would ask their thoughts about it first, though, before embarking on such a project.

I can definitely see and relate to your points. You're using sound arguments when making decisions about software in general. However, I think you have to consider the emotional impact of this. If you walked into a printer company and found out they didn't use their own printers, what would that say to you? Since dlang.org is the face of the D programming language, it's going to be the first thing people use to judge it. IMO that makes it a big deal.