On Monday, 4 December 2017 at 01:26:45 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran wrote:
On Sunday, 3 December 2017 at 23:39:49 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
[...]

If you still lose changes, you could try using Mercurial with hggit. It can be a bit slow, but not destructive as git itself. ;)

I really wish Mercurial won instead of git. Now that hg evolve and hg topic are stable, that actually alleviates the need for git. But the world talks git now. So everyone else is forced to talk in git :(

I guess, without StackOverflow and GitHub, no one would be using git.

Facebook uses Mercurial and their team is working on a Mercurial server in Rust. https://github.com/facebookexperimental/mononoke

I thought Facebook uses DLang as well. No one's motivated to write one in DLang?

Looks like Mercurial is going to be rewritten in Rust https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/OxidationPlan

So Facebook don't use D?