On 2019-11-03 17:48, Vinod K Chandran wrote:

@Jesse Phillips,
Thank you for the reply.  Does DWT is built upon Java's SWT ?

Yes. It's a full translation of the Java code to D. No JNI, JVM or Java or remains.

I heard that SWT is somewhat slower in windows.

I don't know if that's the case. Also I don't know if that's related to Java/JVM. And I don't know how SWT and DWT compares in speed.

Anyhow, what about the easiness of DWT ?

There's no GUI builder for DWT, if you're interested in that. In theory you could use one for SWT and translate the Java code to D, but that might be more troublesome.

Actually, i just want to make GUI for Windows only. I dont need a cross platform GUI.

DWT works on Windows and Linux. But you don't need to compile it for Linux if you don't want to.

--
/Jacob Carlborg