Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Walter Bright" <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote in message news:gmt6l0$rf...@digitalmars.com...
Denis Koroskin wrote:
Does it look any better? No way!
Of course doing it that way doesn't look any better, because it still just replicates the C preprocessor style of doing it.

Which just goes to show that the restrictions you've placed on D's version() (in order to eliminate rat's nest versioning) DON'T eliminate rat's nest versioning.

But they do make it more painful to write the rat's nest, which can be motivating to find a more appropriate solution.

A far better solution...

And we can come up with better solutions for C as well. Granted, the optimal D solution is going to be much better than the optimal C solution, but it won't be due to version()'s lack of !, ||, &&, etc...

When cookies and veggies are laid out on the buffet, I tend to reach for the cookies <g>.