Reply to Weed,

Simen Kjaeraas ?????:

Weed <resume...@mail.ru> wrote:

I think the point you're trying to make is that a GC is more memory
intensive.

+ Sometimes allocation and freeing of memory in an arbitrary
unpredictable time  unacceptable. (in game development or realtime
software, for example. One hundred million times discussed about it
there, I guess)

Then use the stub GC or disable the GC, then re-enable it when you
have the time to run a sweep (yes, you can).

Then a memory overrun

I can't think of a case where having the GC running would be a problem where allocating memory at all would not (malloc/new/most any allocator is NOT cheap)