On Tuesday, 4 December 2012 at 08:22:36 UTC, Maxim Fomin wrote:
On Monday, 3 December 2012 at 15:52:24 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-12-03 16:51, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

Because Object is the root of the class hierarchy. That's how it works in Java, for example. It's just because of these COM interfaces, that
are not D interfaces, that we have this behavior.

Note, I'm not saying that an interface should be implicitly converted to any class, only to Object.

And what happens if nobody implements an interface?

The same as abstract classes : you can get the typeid by looking at it throw child's typeid or typeid(type).

typeid(expression) will never return them because they can't be instantiated.