On Friday, 14 December 2012 at 15:36:05 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
From the discussion there appears to be more that believe that master should remain the development branch.

From this, 'staging' is seen as the branch to prepare a release from (bug fix only).

We are currently in the 2.61 freeze, let us move this freeze to the staging branch now! Any disagreement with this? Does anyone see this changing as we continue to work out the flow? All I can see is bikeshedding the name.

Yes, we could use 2.61 as the first trial to get things moving along, even if it's not 100% ready and agreed on, it seems obvious that we'll want to use a "staging branch" to work out the bugs while in freeze - I don't think anyone is seriously objecting to that, right?

However here's a cautionary note: I read that Walter has specific motives right now concerning a timely release for a strategic D user that can help move D into a more prominent position, so if we're to support a release as smoothly as possible, I wonder if now is or is not the time to try this out on 2.61?

My gut says, "of course go for it", because I can't see how anything could get worse instead of better by doing so, however just mentioning that this release is an important one to carefully consider.

BTW, the wiki page is looking very good guys. Well done!!!

--rt