On Saturday, 15 December 2012 at 17:27:38 UTC, Jakob Bornecrantz wrote:
On Saturday, 15 December 2012 at 17:05:59 UTC, Peter Alexander
Single compiler call is easier for small projects, but I worry about compile times for larger projects...

As evident by Phobos and my own project[1], for larger projects multiple concurrent calls is the only way to go. Rebuilding everything does take a bit, but a bit of thought behind the layout of the project and things work much faster when working on specific areas.

Phobos is only around 200kloc. I'm worrying about the really large projects (multi-million lines of code).