On 12/15/2012 09:39 PM, deadalnix wrote:
Can we drop the LTS name ? It reminds me of ubuntu, and I clearly hope that
people promoting that idea don't plan to reproduce ubuntu's scheme :
  - it is not suitable for a programming language (as stated 3 time now, so just
read before why I won't repeat it).
  - ubuntu is notoriously unstable.

Call them "stable release cycles" if you like, which is what they are intended to be. It's just that "long-term support" actually conveys quite well what _users_ can expect using these versions.

By the way, no one has proposed "using Ubuntu's scheme". I made a proposal that drew on a number of ideas inspired by Ubuntu's release model, including terminology, but the actual detail was quite different and was tailored to my perceived requirements of D, not an operating system.

So, once again, I'd appreciate your response to those details, rather than your perception that I'm proposing "using Ubuntu's scheme".