On 1/3/2013 9:56 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
Am Wed, 02 Jan 2013 16:58:22 -0800
schrieb Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com>:

2. The:

     git checkout staging
     git merge master

It merges master into staging, wiping out my changes in staging

What changes? All changes should be made in master, then applied to
staging via cherry picking.

I think that's a vast assumption that there would never be changes specific to the release.

, and does not delete staging. Now that the release is done, we're done
with staging.

Why would you want to delete staging? This could be done, but I don't
see the benefit.

Turn that around - what's the benefit of keeping it? It's just clutter.

What's the benefit of first cherry-picking into staging and the
creating the release branch?

Beats me. That's why I asked.

3. There is no mention of where and when the:

     git push

and:

     git pull

get done. I also had to add staging to .git/config, can that be done
from the push & pull command?

git fetch origin #update remote branch list
git checkout staging #should automatically track origin/staging

The wiki page could need some enhancements regarding pushing/pulling.

As I suggested to Jacob, if the wiki lists git command sequences, it should be complete (like a script), and not full of assumptions about other commands that need to be inserted.