On 2013-01-29 02:59, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
I find such code rather baffling. Perhaps it has valuable uses
somewhere, which is why I am asking.

It sort of reminds me of Python where you can do something like:

' '.join( list_of_strings )

which is very cute and all, but the following, rather mundane
function call would do a better job of conveying to the reader
what is going on, using the same number of keystrokes:

join( list_of_strings, ' ')

Thanks to D I no longer have problems with join in Python. :)
Looking at ' '.join(aList) I now think of UFCS and see it as:
join(' ', aList). Suddenly everything is clear. :)