On Saturday, 9 February 2013 at 01:48:25 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 02/09/2013 12:53 AM, Robert wrote:
Ok. Here finally it is:

http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP26

Best regards,

Robert

"For optional parentheses, I would like to adopt the scheme already explained in DIP23."

It is not actually explained.

"DIP23 and DIP24 both don't seem to have a clear concept what properties actually are, resulting in rules that destroy their original purpose (For example forbidding module level properties)."

That is a very strong claim to make and a very weak example.

It's very clear that there is no definition of what a property is in either DIP23 or DIP24. The details are made up based on someones definition, but I cannot be certain what that definition that is, probably multiple definitions depending on who you ask.

DIP23 firmly states that there are no module level properties that emulate global variables, and proposes a strange implementation that does not resemble what one would normally consider to be a property. If we had a clear definition of "property" in DIP23, I'd love to see how it would account for the two inconsistent behaviors. I think that a sensible definition would prevent such an inconsistent proposal from appearing in the first place.

--rt