On Saturday, 9 February 2013 at 03:13:47 UTC, Michel Fortin wrote:
It's really great to not have to write boilerplate functions when default behaviour is perfectly fine. I've been using Objective-C for a while now and the recent changes where it automatically synthesize a variable, a getter, and a setter when declaring a property (unless you provide your own) are truly delightful.

@property int a;

I would prefer if @property simply disallows '&' then it doesn't have to be lowered into anything and can stay a field... if you later decide to add a "real" getter/setter, it still would be source compatible and you wouldn't have to refactor the source.