On 2/15/13 3:21 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-02-15 03:06, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

Anyone is free to use Tango in their own apps, just like they're free
to use
any 3rd party library. The problem is that Andrei doesn't want
anything to be
"official" unless it only depends on official stuff (I don't know how
Walter feels
about that). So, if Orbit is to be D's official package manager (and
presumably
be in the D-Programming-Language group on github), it can't depend on any
libraries other than D's standard library and its own internal libraries.

Phobos depends on two external libraries, curl and libz. Probably only
half of what's included in the DMD distribution is written in D.

We have personally contacted the author of curl and the maintainer of libz to make sure there are no licensing or other issues with bundling their code with the D distribution.