On Sunday, 3 March 2013 at 13:24:39 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Sunday, 3 March 2013 at 13:19:35 UTC, deadalnix wrote:

Ah, beg my pardon, misunderstood you a bit. Still, difference I am trying to point is that virtual vs final does not rely on actual method implementation at all, while proper CTFE function needs to be written with CTFE in mind as different subset of language can be used. If one function will be found CTFE-able by accident and used in such, any change to its implementation that will add non-CTFE features (preserving public function interface and behavior) will break user code.

Yes both are technically very different. But you argue for CTFEability by default or when choosen with almost the same arguments.

I explained my oppinion before on that : CTFEability can be decoupled from actual source code using some bytecode. Bytecode should be opaque enough to make that work.