On Friday, 22 March 2013 at 21:29:46 UTC, foobar wrote:
On Friday, 22 March 2013 at 21:10:27 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Friday, 22 March 2013 at 20:04:14 UTC, foobar wrote:

WTF? What do kwargs have to do with programming? Sounds more like a half-Klingon & half-Ferengi species to me.

kwargs = keyword arguments

It's a common naming convention in python, as exemplified in matplotlib.

That was meant more as a rhetorical question rather than a real one. Yes, I guessed the meaning by the surrounding context but nevertheless it was a major WAT while skimming the post. Also, Who the fuck cares whats common in Python? I was reading and replying on the *D* NG, was I not?

Kwarg seems a reasonable name, consistent with a pre-existing convention. Please suggest a better alternative if you have one. I must admit I'm bemused by your level of aggression over what appears to be a trivial matter.