On Friday, April 05, 2013 14:36:07 Brad Roberts wrote:
> I believe it's really not a module issue at all, but a doc issue. The
> two are directly tied today, but I have _no_ problem with importing the
> module and using it as is. Yes, it's large in terms of lines in the
> file, but really, who's affected by that and how often. Few and seldom.
> Breaking it up just because of docs is like ripping a book into 10
> books just because you want to only carry one chapter around.

To some extent, I agree. I'm quite able to maintain it as one module (though
to be fair to anyone arguing that it should be broken up for maintainibility -
as sometimes happens - it's large enough that if large portions of it get
changed, you can't see the diff on github). I'm not sure that it would _hurt_
maintainibility though to break it up. And I know exactly how I'd break it up
if I were to break it up, and it would break up quite cleanly, I think. The
main reason that it's not broken up in the first place is that I did a horrible
job of breaking it up when I first introduced it, and everyone's reaction was
that it should just be one module (the code has changed quite a bit since then
though, so breaking it up would be much easier now).

But regardless, with ddoc, breaking up the module would be the only way to
break up the documentation, so we're kind of stuck in that regard (though if
we start using ddox for dlang.org, that does change things).

- Jonathan m Davis