On Friday, 12 April 2013 at 15:43:27 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 04:14:15 -0400, Manu <turkey...@gmail.com>
I'd use string[].

You mean with format "a=b"? I suppose that's possible, though horrible to work with before passing in. Plus what happens if you have ["a=b", "a=c"] ? AA's prevent these kinds of mistakes/contradictions.

I prefer Manu's idea with the API accepting string[], it's closer to the native format.

Then you could simply provide a convenience conversion from a map...
ex env!["foo" : "bar"] which would convert it to ["foo=bar"].

This also has the added benefit of being self documenting(considering the lack of named parameters).

But most importantly So the user has a free choice of constructing the env parameter manually in the most efficient way or using the lazy convenience function.