On Wednesday, 17 April 2013 at 07:04:16 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
Often enough. I often find myself returning ranges, which are almost invariably complex template types.

Hmm, I'm still trying to decide if this is a major concern.

Generally when returning a range, this is done because operations are being performed on a container, the specific container isn't important and many times nor is the type in the container. This means my function is a template.

The times when I could see returning a complex type where the function isn't templates is when I'm loading the data to be consumed. In this case I generally will return the container itself (since ownership isn't with the called function).