On 22.04.2013 14:02, Ettienne Gilbert wrote:
Hi,

I've finally gotten round to upgrading my DMD to v2.062 (from v2.059) -
running on Win XP.

I've had no issues recompiling the (quite old) DFL library I use with
the latest DMD, so went on to rebuild a tool I previously developed
(that uses DFL). Everything compiled ok, but the linker choked on my RES
file. (This project build fine and worked perfectly on previous versions
of DMD up to and including v2.059). The error is:

OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.12
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2010  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
atrchecker.RES(3) : Error 52: .DEF Syntax Error
DO

I suspect your build script has somehow omitted a ',' from the command line in its invocation of optlink. The usage is

LINK obj[,out[,map[,lib[,def[,res]]]]]

so if a comma misses, your resource file is interpreted as a def file.

If you are invoking the linker through dmd, you might want to check the linker call by adding "-v" to the command line.