On Friday, 26 April 2013 at 17:58:04 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
Why would you ever want this? I can't even think of a hypothetical use case.

The questions started as academic, motivated by the apparent lack of orthogonality. As far as a practical scenario, right now this is the best I can come up with:

// emulator, ROM and RAM accessible from the same bus (von Neumann)
    byte[1024] romAndRam = [0x42, 0x77, 0xAF, 0x44, void];

(this relies also on eles' suggestion, the void is assumed for the remaining elements -- the RAM part).

I'm not saying that this should be supported. I was asking if something like this should be :-)