On Fri, 17 May 2013 02:46:31 -0400, Stewart Gordon <smjg_1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On 27/04/2013 06:29, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
<snip>
Have you considered what this does? Consider a standard [1.0, 2.0] call:

In essence, it pushes 1.0 and 2.0 onto the stack, then calls a function
to allocate the memory and use the given data.
<snip>

Does it? I would have thought it stores the numbers in the static data segment, and uses a block memory copy in order to use it to initialise a static array.

Last time I checked, that's what it did.  But it may have changed.

As Timon and deadalnix say, it's a bug in implementation. In any case, I was focusing only on the [] expression, not the fact that you are initializing a static array. The static array initialization should change how the expression is handled.

-Steve