On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 06:43:58 -0700, deadalnix <deadal...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Saturday, 27 April 2013 at 05:29:41 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 07:58:34 -0700, Luís Marques <luismarq...@gmail.com> wrote:

Should this be supported?

    double[8] foo = [1.0, 2.0, void, 3.0, 3.5, void, void, void];

(it's not supported at the moment)

Have you considered what this does? Consider a standard [1.0, 2.0] call:

In essence, it pushes 1.0 and 2.0 onto the stack, then calls a function to allocate the memory and use the given data.

What will end up happening is the data is copied from the stack to the heap. It's just in your case, the data copied is garbage. I see little point in supporting this.

-Steve

That is an implementation detail.

Oh, I didn't notice that foo was a fixed-sized array, I thought the focus was on the array literal.

It does make sense that this should be possible.

-Steve