On Saturday, 27 April 2013 at 06:12:03 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:57:13 -0700, Vladimir Panteleev <vladi...@thecybershadow.net> wrote:

On Thursday, 25 April 2013 at 16:17:57 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
You cannot access GC controlled memory in class destructors.

Not true.

Can you be more specific? Maybe the wording was too strong. Should say "you shouldn't access GC controlled memory in class destructors."

Or are you thinking of some specific case? Because the opposite of the above is DEFINITELY not true. I just want to make that clear.

Last time I checked, destructors were called separately from deallocation. Thus, referencing memory will not result in undefined behavior. The order of destruction is non-deterministic, but otherwise, it's the same as accessing a clear()'d object, which is perfectly safe (from a memory safety perspective).