On Sunday, 5 May 2013 at 13:33:25 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
1. Support extern(C++) classes so can have a split C++/D implementation of eg: Expression and others.

I don't know if this will be in the videos, so I'll ask here. I thought extern(C++) only supported interfaces because everything else fell into the "we'd need to pretty much include a C++ compiler into D to support that" camp. Is that not quite true for classes? Did you find some compromise between usefulness and complexity that wasn't obvious before, or did the D compiler transition just motivate adding some additional complexity that previously wasn't deemed acceptable?