On Thu, 28 May 2009 08:14:45 -0400, Frank Benoit <keinfarb...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Unknown W. Brackets schrieb:
Probably a silly idea, but what about (or similar):

static this: mod.name, mod.name2, mod.name3
{
}

For a dependency list.  I may be wrong, but afaik the main problems stem
from either wrong order or co-dependence (which needs to be solved by
the programmer.)

At least with this, you could ask the compiler for an order,
potentially.  If the other modules had no static this, it could ignore
it, allowing future proofing.

But, maybe that's an ugly hack.

-[Unknown]

In Java the
static { /* static ctor code */ }
does not have the circular dependency problem. why is that?

Probably because Java doesn't use source code as imports. It is one flaw of D that I really wish could be fixed.

-Steve