On Saturday, 11 May 2013 at 16:15:13 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
On Saturday, 11 May 2013 at 16:08:02 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Saturday, 11 May 2013 at 15:51:26 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
If we keep a "must compile with several past versions" policy anyway, what would make Phobos special?

David

It prevent the use of newer feature of D in phobos.

?!

It prevents the use of newer Phobos features in the compiler, but we would obviously use the Phobos version that comes with the host D compiler to compile the frontend, not the version shipping with the frontend.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I really can't see the issue here.

David

No, that is what have been said : you got to fork phobos and ship your own with the compiler.