On Saturday, 11 May 2013 at 17:23:53 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
That... doesn't sound very nice to me. How much of phobos are we
realistically going to need?

All of it? Well, not quite, but large parts at least.

If we are going to stick to the C subset of the language, there is little point in translating it to D in the first place.

Of course, there will be some restrictions arising from the fact that the code base needs to work with D versions from a year back or so. But to me duplicating the whole standard library inside the compiler source seems like maintenance hell.

David