On Thu, 28 May 2009 11:52:20 -0400, Denis Koroskin <2kor...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, 28 May 2009 19:44:42 +0400, BCS <n...@anon.com> wrote:

Hello Steven,

fails to compile due to the perceived circular dependency, even though
none exists.

IIRC it compiles, but fails as soon as you run it.

 -Steve

Which is even worse. Walter stated that "silently generating bad code" (i.e. code that doesn't work) is a top priority bug.

I wonder why this design flaw isn't fixed for so long...

It's not so silent. The code deterministically fails every time you run it. When was the last time you published a compiled program that you never tested, even once? ;)

BCS, thanks for pointing that out.  I forgot about that.

-Steve