On 21/05/13 17:24, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-05-21 05:32, Tyler Jameson Little wrote:

As for my opinionated ideals (doesn't affect the overall design much):

* no XML (yaml maybe, but XML just isn't user-friendly)

Do people actual "code" in the markup. Isn't that just for a GUI
building tool.

My experience (with PyGTK) is that GUI building tools actually make the task harder not easier (once you become familiar with the API). Of course, things may have changed since I last used such a tool but I doubt it.

Having said that I have to admit that I've implemented my own "list/tree specification" mechanism for that particular job because it made it easier to find where to make changes. In my defence, last time I used one of the GUI building tools it contained no support for building lists and trees so making my own made sense.

Peter