Oh, and another thing: XHTML adopts the XML practice of only defining the lt, gt and amp entities and no others (like nbsp, mdash, accented, or non-Latin characters).

Since Unicode is, by and large, universal, I've read that the recommended practice for including characters not on a standard US keyboard is to copy them from a character map and save the file in a Unicode encoding. I intend to follow this guidance in writing the (x)html.ddoc template.

As such, should I keep the existing 'entity' macros or use the Unicode characters in the DLang spec source files? I imagine that Andrei will immediately comment that .tex files are supposed to be in ASCII. Suggestions?