On 5/27/13 6:48 PM, Borden wrote:
Oh, and another thing: XHTML adopts the XML practice of only defining
the lt, gt and amp entities and no others (like nbsp, mdash, accented,
or non-Latin characters).

Since Unicode is, by and large, universal, I've read that the
recommended practice for including characters not on a standard US
keyboard is to copy them from a character map and save the file in a
Unicode encoding. I intend to follow this guidance in writing the
(x)html.ddoc template.

As such, should I keep the existing 'entity' macros or use the Unicode
characters in the DLang spec source files? I imagine that Andrei will
immediately comment that .tex files are supposed to be in ASCII.
Suggestions?

The LaTeX configuration won't use your ddoc template. Knock yourself out.