On Thursday, 30 May 2013 at 15:12:57 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I also want ModuleInfo to have an equivalent RTInfo member. Walter agreed at the conference that it was a good idea and should be done. See bug report here:

oh man, I just had a realization: such could be (ab?)used to add new language checks.

I'm playing with a bare metal D right now, and there's a few rules I've determined to keep the memory situation sane, including "don't use non-scoped, non-refcounted delegates".

An rtInfo type thing run over every module in the program could actually use traits to find any function that breaks the rules and throw a static assert error. It wouldn't just be a documented warning anymore, it'd be like expanding the compiler's own semantic checks.

That's kinda awesome.